Pages

  • Home
  • About
  • Contact
  • Shop My Wardrobe
  • My Online Store

Sunday, July 13, 2014 My Veggies Delight Pasta


As mentioned in my previous 'Real Food' blog post here, I briefly talked about my current lifestyle and diet. Adding on to that, I'm going to share with you this amazing simple and healthy recipe.



To be honest, I'm quite proud of this dish - don't know why! Maybe because it taste really good or maybe because I created this dish from scratch with no help. But then again, some of you out there might know how to cook it without even reading my recipe but if you don't then carry on reading!

For this dish, I shall name it - Veggies Delight Pasta

What you will need:
  • Olive Oil
  • Garlic
  • Salt
  • Black Pepper
  • Broccoli 
  • Bell pepper 
  • Carrots 
  • Ham
  • Pastas (any kind of your choice)
  • A bit of knowledge in cooking (very important) 

If you're wondering why is there ham in this dish is because... I cheated a little. I just wanted A BIT of meat but feel free to remove the ham. If you don't like bell pepper, feel free to remove it or replace it with other of your favourite vegetables. 

Instructions:
  • Fill a large pot with water, bring it to a boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt 
  • Once your water start boiling, add your choice of pasta and stir (to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of your pot)
Pastas take about 15-20 minutes to cook, depending what kind of texture you're looking for in your pasta (Al-dente / Firm / Soft). I want mine to be firm so mine took about 20 minutes. 

  • Get your washed broccoli and cut off the thick stem with a kitchen knife (Slice florets in half if needed) After that, take your carrots and carefully slice them into equal size.
  • Fill another smaller pot with water, bring it to a boil 
  • Once your water start boiling, add in your broccoli and sliced carrots for a minute as we are just parboiling / blanching it.
  • Take out your parboiled vegetables and leave it aside

At this point, we are ready to sauté our vegetables and ham! 

  • Get your pan (don't on your stove just yet) and add olive oil and chopped garlic
  • Then, proceed to on your stove about medium low heat
The reason why I'm doing is because, I want my garlic and oil to cook together at the same temperature, allowing the garlic to infuse into the oil. 

  • Once your garlic is cooked, add in your bell pepper, broccoli, carrots and sliced ham
  • At this point, your pasta should be done. Drained it and add them to your pan and cook it together with the rest of your vegetables for a minute
  • Add salt and black pepper to taste
  • Done!

It's so easy and simple right! I hope I explained my recipe as detailed as possible as I'm still very new to writing recipes, using the correct words and terms etc... 

Post a Comment